Question
Posted by: TK | 2009-09-07

MIRENA I AM SO SCARED

I HAVE read a lot of stuff about mirena,to be honest i am scared ,very scared.I AM THINKING OF inserting 0ne next year january my son will be one rear, i have three kids already
any experinces on mirena that you know?
i wanna make an informed decision

I hope that the other respondents have helped.

7

would just like to knw if my husband will feel the Mirena?

Posted by: ? | 2009-09-09

Hi. I' ve had Mirena for about a year now.

Inserting it was pretty sore, but lasted a day. Next day u' re back to normal. It reacts diffferently for everyone, but for me the 1st three months were a nightmare. Bad mood swings, constant bleeding for 2 months, bad cramps, etc. But after those 3 months, I was normal again.

Now I have no regrets. I love it! Best part is u don' t have to remember to take pill everyday. Periods much lighter, less cramps, slight mood swings. It' s great.

My husband does feel it. I had it cut, but he still feels it in certain positions. Not as bad as before though. But he has no problems with it at all. Doesn' t bother or hurt him.

Hope this helps. Overall I recommend it.

Reply to ?
Posted by: Liz | 2009-09-08

Hi TK,

The thread can be cut shorter if necessary. Speak to your Gynae. My husband does not feel it. But in other positions yes he can. But it is not a turn off for him.

Reply to Liz
Posted by: TK | 2009-09-08

Hi liz How do you feel after inserting it !any feedback
is your partner feeling it ....you know what i mean cause 1 of the ladies said her bubby feels the thread when they do other positions

Reply to TK
Posted by: Liz | 2009-09-08

I Paid just under R2000-00 at the Pharmacy. You have to purchase it at a pharmacy and take it with you to the Gynae. It takes about 5 minutes for it to be inserted. But I think the Mirena has gone up in price. So must be just over R2000.00. I am on Discovery too and they paid in full for mine. However remember it does come off your savings.

Reply to Liz
Posted by: TK | 2009-09-08

HOW Much?
i am on discovery i dont know if the medical aid cover for this,

Reply to TK
Posted by: Liz | 2009-09-08

Hi TK,

I had the Mirena inserted over a year ago. When it was inserted it was a little sore. I had period pain for about a month or so. I had periods on and off for about 6 months after that. But now no periods. I still get slight period pain but no periods as such. For me it is fantastic as I do not have to worry about taking my pill every day. No weight gain or acne. A little pricy though when you purchase it. But in the long run it would be far cheaper than the pill.

Reply to Liz