Question
Posted by: Aclass | 2010/09/14

Mirena dislodged and now deeply embedded in uterus

Doc, please advise? my mirena has shifted &  deeply embedded itself in my uterus. It could not be removed under lapscope. My gynae has indicated it can be left where it is and wouldnt cause any harm. Is this a suitable option alternatively I could have a laparotomy to remove it. Please advise what are the consequences if left there? This is urgent and would appreciate a response direct to my email if possible?

Yes you can leave it. Obviously after 5 years it will no longer have it's contraceptive effect and you will then have to decide what to do.

2

Posted by: Lizelle | 2010/09/15

the gynae has left the building it seems.

Reply to Lizelle