Question
Posted by: t | 2011/04/07

Mirena Device + Sickness

Have recently had Mirena fitted for painful, irregular periods and massive mood swings. Had it fitted at same time as scrape carried out. 5th day after fitting now and being overcome by hormonal cold sweats, nausea and sickness. Have a really important weekend coming up with my family. Want to know when this will stop and if I can do anything to alleviate symptoms now. Should I just pull the damn thing out?

It would be unlikely that this was due to the Mirena. Use symptomatic relief for the nausea, such as Stemetil.I would suggest that you give the Mirena a chance.

1