Question
Posted by: MOM | 2010/03/03

MIRENA CONTRA INDICATION

I have the Mirena now for the second time and this time it is 2 years. I always get very saur breasths when i start my perioud and for some stupid reason i went and pressed my nipples on both my boobs and a blueish see through colour gel came out. I went to the GP and he advised that it is a contra indication of the Mirena. My sister has exactly the same symptoms. What must i do about it. The first thought that came to my mind is that i have cancer and i am 37 years old. I am having panic atacks because of this now. Please give me some advise.

The progesterone from thw Mirena can be absorbed and cause breast tenderness. I would suggest that you have a prolactin level and if this is normal and you have no breast lumps, it should ot be anything to worry about.

1