Question
Posted by: NIX | 2012/02/06

MIRENA COMPLICATIONS?

I had a mirena put in 3 weeks ago ,17 weeks after having my 2nd baby. I am breast feeding and my period had not returned. After the Mirena was installed I started spotting with continues cramps. For the last week now I have been bleeding and my stomach is very upset, along with Gastro like cramps. Is this normal and when will I stop bleeding? Is there something wrong?

The bleeding unfortunately is one of the side effects of the Mirena and can go on for several months. You should not still be having cramps though. Phone your doctor for a check-up.

3
Posted by: Loretta | 2012/04/04

i had mirena inserted 4 years ago. i went to have it surgically removed by my gynea but he couldn''t find it. now i''m stuck with it and i''m scared because my 5 year period is almost over. He said not to worry but how can i not? please please help !

Reply to Loretta

Posted by: anon | 2012/02/06

hi nix, just want to say i also got the mirena and had spotting and bad cramps for 6weeks. now everything is perfect, have no problems.

Reply to anon