Question

Mirena - bleeding after sex

Hi Doc,

I had the Mirena done about 6 months ago. In the beginning i had alot of on and off " ''periods" '' (bleeding) which my gynae said was normal and it will settle which is has. I havent had sex since i had got the mirena put in until this weekend and now i bleed during and after sex? What caould be the cause of this because its making me feel really uncomfortable and i never had this problem before i had the mirena put in. Please help with some advice.

It may have been trauma from sex anshould not really have anything to do with the Mirena. See what happens next time you have sex.

1