Question
Posted by: Elizabeth | 2012/03/19

Mirena bleeding

I had the Mirena inserted 7 weeks ago. I had light bleeding for a week afterward. Since then I started bleeding heavier (like a period) having to change pads every hour to two hours at least. I stopped bleeding after a month for only 3 days. For the rest I have been bleeding every day. Some days I also have lower back pains and very tender breats. Is this normal for the " settling period" ?

Unfortunately, irregular periods is one of the side effects of the Mirena. If the bleeding is heavy again, see your doctor.

1