Question
Posted by: Me | 2010/09/27

Mirena and weight hain

I had a Mirena fitted 14 months ago, and ever since I''ve been gaining tremendous weight my tummy looks like I''m 6months pregnant and I''ve had to change my wardrobe 3 times already. It seems like every week I gain extra kilos.

My eating habit haven''t changed that much and I still exercise as before. I noticed xhange in weight gain a month after I''ve had the Mirena fitted. I''ve raised this concern with my Gynae and He dismissed it as weiight gain has no relation to Mirena. But that''s the only thing that have changed in my life over a year.

Is there any relation to Mirena and weight gain? I''ve gain more than 20kilos in a year and no matter what I do I can''t shake it off, and I''m even considering to have it taken out now to see if there''ll be any different in my weight gain.

It is not a common side effect of the Mirena but some women do complain of weight gain.

1