Question
Posted by: oh No! | 2012/04/14

mirena and sex drive

I had the Mirena fitted in approximately 4months ago, and for the past 2months, I have NO SEX DRIVE. It''s worrying because it negatively affects my marriage. I want to want to have sex, but I just don''t feel for it at all. I have read that the Mirena has caused a vast majority of women to loose their sex drive. I am considering having it removed, but that would mean a risk of falling pregnant or sterlizatiom, and im not sure I am ready for either! HELP!!!

If you are convinced that this is due to the Mirena, then the only soultion would be to have it removed and consider a differnt form of contraception.

Best wishes,

2
Posted by: Gadija | 2012/04/15

I had a copper iud fitted after i had my son a little over a year ago. I absolutely loved the convenience of it. Two months ago it worked its way out though.My gynae recommended the Mirena. I tried the nordette pill before and had constant angioedeama( there is a history in my family though i tested negative) up until a week after i stopped taking it. My gynae says he will not fit any iud other than mirena as that is the only one that wont work its way out of my body. He himself said that it would seem that i have a sensitivity towards certain hormones, but he recons the hormones released by the mirena is too minimal to cause any reaction. My concern is that i have it fitted and then end up having the same issue that I had with Nordette. HELP Please

Reply to Gadija

Best wishes,