Posted by: Hilde | 2012-03-28

Mirena and extended, half-hearted period

Dear Doc,
I had a Mirena inserted in May last year. I just saw my gyni last week who did an ultrasound and found a follicular cyst.

I have found that since I got the Mirena, of course my periods are " different" . This month, my period SEEMED to be coming on for about a week, then it arrived very half-heartedly and is just dragging on now for the third week. there isn''t much blood, just some brownish fluid. It is really annoying. Could this be happening because of the cyst? Is there anything I can do to make the cyst go away sooner?
Thank you for your advice.

Thgis is one of the side effects that some women have with the Mirena. Most small cysts disappear on their own and don't need anything done.