Question
Posted by: Charlie | 2011/11/21

Mirena and Endo

I am a 26 year old female, diagnosed with severaly advanced endometriosis 9 years ago. I have had 3 laparoscopies, have been on various pills, depo provera and most recently I am on the Mirena for just over a year now. I have had cysts as well as fibroid tumours which were removed but I still have on medium sized fibroid tumour which is difficult to remove. The Mirena was supposed to curb the growth of the endo and help in general but lately I have found that the old pain has come back. The usual “ burning”  endo pain as well as the cramps (sometimes on the left or right side). What I wanted to find out is, is it normal for the pain to be so bad that I have pain at least 4 out of the 7 days a week which is so bad that Ihave to take painkillers? What are the chances that the pain is more related to the tumour than the endo itself or adhesions perhaps?

Fibroids don't usually cause pain, unless there are complications, which is rare. It is more likely to be the endo and/or adhesions.

2

Posted by: cherry | 2011/11/23

the mirena did nothing for me at all, the dr didnt believe me either, after a laparoscopy he finally agreed, i eventually had a partial hysterectomy and my life has been bliss ever since. except for the occasional ovarian cyst .. i opted for the hysterectomy because i was done having kids

Reply to cherry