Question
Posted by: Sue | 2009/05/27

mirena and bleeding

I' ve had my mirena in for 3 and a half years. two months ago i bled for the first time since it was fitted, my GP said it was normal and that the mirena isn' t as strong as it was in the beginning. i' ve started spotting again and my breasts and nipples are very sore. i' m quite worried about this, especailly because i wasn' t bleeding at all before. does it mean the mirena will not fully protect me again pregnancy?

You are still protected. This is a common side effect, even though it is only starting now.