Posted by: Miss N | 2008-11-24

Mirena &  sex

Hi doc,

I' ve had the Mirena for 6 months now, my periods at first were very irrefular but now everything is back to normal. However, this month I had them a week earlier &  they finished off in time, 4 days like they usually do, the following week though whenever I had sex I' d experience some spotting the day after. I' ve never experienced such issues after sex before since putting in the Mirena. What could the problem be?

Another thing, its been 6 months &  my moods are still haywire. Should I go back to my gynae or to a psychologist to prescribe something? This is really ruining my relationship with hubby.

Irregular spotting is one of the side effects of the Mirena. You should have regualr pap smears to exclude any other problems though.
I don't think that there is really a solution to the moods, but see what your gynae says.