Posted by: ncm | 2008-11-19

Mirena &  moods

I' ve had a mirena inserted now for 6 months &  ever since I' ve had it I have serious mood swings. I never used to suffer from PMS before but now I do &  its really bad &  during my periods I' m moody, a few days afterwards as well I' m still extremely moody. Basically I' m only ever mood free one week a month. Is this one of the side effects of Mirena?

This can be a symptoms in some women.

Posted by: ? | 2008-11-21

that' s the part that confuses me. I also think that maybe I should wait a little while longer for it to settle. But how long does one wait? You' ve been going through the mood swings for 6 months. What if it never changes?

I' ve been bleeding now for 9 days, and I don' t want to have to go through constant bleeding again. But at the same time, I' m also forgetful - don' t know if I' ll be able to remember taking the pill everyday at the same time. And there' s a higher risk of falling pregnant while on the pill than on Mirena...I' m so confused.

Reply to ?
Posted by: ncm | 2008-11-20

Honestly, besides the mood swings I haven' t had any other problems, the first 2 months I had a problem with my periods but now its back to normal. I' m so forgetful, so for me Mirena is the best thing ever besides the moods. I' m hoping by the 7th month the moods would' ve subsided, else I' ll have to think long &  hard about other options.

Reply to ncm
Posted by: ? | 2008-11-20

Oh my' s like I' m reading the thoughts that go through my mind. I was on this site now about to post a question to all the ladies for their advice.

I' ve been having the same problems with the Mirena. Had it in for almost 3 months now. Ever since I put it in, had seriously terrible mood swings. I was also bleeding for 2 months straight! So the doc put me on some pills to lessen the bleeding. I was perfectly fine while on the pill. No mood swings, no bleeding &  was happy. The moment the pills finished, i got my periods again, and the mood swings are sure as hell back and terrible as ever.

Been fighting with my hubby everyday, and I can' t take this anymore.

I know they say it takes btw 3-6 months for it to settle. So was confused if I should keep it in for little while longer. But you say you' ve had these mood swings for 6 months now. So now I' m not so sure. Maybe I should have it removed. What do you think?

Reply to ?