Question
Posted by: bee41 | 2009-09-04

Mirena &  co diovan160

I am 39,and overweight female >  due to bloodloss complications My gynea recomended that i have the mirena inserted and since the birth of my first baby (1989) i have had to use blood pressure meds - my question is this can the use of these 2 medicines be the reason I find it very hard to lose weight i have used the holford eating plan for abiout a year (2years ago) and lost roughly between 5& 10 kgs but as sson as i stop weighing foodstuffs i gain it all back . should i look at a change of meds or is there some other weight loss remedy for me this has been an ongoing battle for the lat 10-20 yrs <  i was on reductil last year and lost 10 kgs only to pick it up since march of this year _ (i can no longer afford the pill as med aid does not cover the cost
PLEASE HELP (height 1.67 cm *weight 108kgs age 39)

Bee41

Loosing weight equals a lower calorie (1500 kcal per day) intake and a higher energy output (take the stairs instead of a lift etc). You will have to eat small portions to maintain a balanced energy level and drink at least 1.5 litres of water daily. Eat three meals per day at regular intervals and do not skip meals. Eat a proper breakfast which includes slow release sugars. Eat a balanced but light dinner and avoid going to bed straight after dinner to promote digestion.

Balanced meals include vegetables at every meal, as vegetables, rich in fibre, facilitate intestinal transit. Vegetables and fruit provide vitamins and a feeling of fullness. Eat sugar and fruit at 10am or at 5pm rather than at the end of a meal. Vegetables should be eaten with starches (pasta, rice, patato etc.)

Add proteins by eating lean meat and fish and enjoy milk products (yoghurt, white cheese) between meals.

You should also avoid alcohol and eliminate fatty foods (animal fats). Limit your intake of salt, as this may make you feel bloated.

It is also important to exercise for at least one hour a day. Start with walking, as cardio-vascular exercise assist with fat burning.

I trust that this will be of assistance.