Question
Posted by: Heidio | 2008/06/10

Mirena alternatives

I am considering having the Mirena inserted but after hearing so many scary Mirena stories, I am a bit scared. I would like to know if there is any other kind of contraceptive that stops periods and only act locally, instead of circulating througout the whole body?

I dont have a problem with menstruation its just that I have terrible PMS that causes me to be so depressed for five days that I struggle to get out of bed.

I am happy on the injection except that I have gained ten kilos I cannot seem to shift. Is there perhaps a patch or a pill that will reduce periods (especially PMS)?

Many thanks

There is a contaceptive patch and there are contraceptive pills that would help with bleeding and PMS.See a gynae