Question
Posted by: liz | 2009-06-15

Mirena after 5 years

I will have had my Mirena for 5 years in september. My husband and I want to fall pregnant next year towards the end of the year. Can I leave my Mirena in for longer than 5 years and are there risks associated with this. I don' t want to have another one inserted due to wanting to fall pregnant next year and also my body doesn' t agree with the injection or the pill.

The Mirena will not be effective as a contraceptive after 5 years.

2
Posted by: Mel | 2009-06-18

I am not an expert, but my sister had hers in for 8 years without any complications, so I am sure yours would be fine as well.

Reply to Mel
Posted by: Lorry | 2009-06-17

I have had the Mirena in for 18 months and am battling with extremely tender breasts. Is this normal?

Reply to Lorry