Posted by: Sandy Bryce-Borthwick | 2013-02-15

I am peri menopausal. Will be 49 this year. Please advice where the progesterone in the Mirena device comes from. Is it from the urine of a pregnant mare? I would prefer to use a skin cream but my gynae says it is not as potent as the Mirena. She recommended the Mirena because I suffer from heavy monthly periods. If the Mirena does contain pig or mare hormones I do not want to use it. I wrote to Bayer who make the device to enquire what is in the Mirena and received no reply. Wonder why? I also wrote to Solal Technologies to enquire whether they could offer a bioidentical option and also have not received a reply. Will do a follow up email to both companies. Do you know of any natural/bioidentical alternatives I can use to correct the oestrogen dominance? My gynae did a biopsy on my womb and I have no cancer. Your advices would be highly appreciated.

The progesterone is synthetic, manufactured ina laboratory, so no animal products.Your alternative would be to use a hormone replacement patch or pill.

Posted by: Sandra Bryce-Borthwick | 2013-02-26

Thanks for your reply. Have a good day. :-)

Reply to Sandra Bryce-Borthwick | 1 comment (hide)

040413 Condolences