Question
Posted by: Nettie | 2012/12/10

Mirena

I have had the mirena for almost a month and had it fitted about 9 months after my third child. I started bleeding a week after i had it and have had an increase in migranes and i am in pain all the time. My back hurts my pelvic area hurts and it hurts sometimes when i have intercourse. I phoned the ginie rooms and the lady there told me its normal. I feel like just ripping the thing out. Is it really normal!?

The bleeding is normal. You shouyldn't have pain though. I would suggest that you go back and check that it is positioned properly.