Posted by: Fatima | 2012-01-26

How safe is the Mirena? Am considering having it because am dying of irregular/heavy periods. Its the last option I have now, been bleeding for 4 months tops! I now have anaemia and my blood level is 82.. I tried Yasmin and they had a very negative effect on my hormones.

Anyone who''s done it please help. Am 25, no kid can''t even have a ''boyfriend''

If you are asking about the effectiveness of the Mirena as a contraceptive, it is very effective.
In terms of heavy periods, it does decrease the amount of bleeding but, if the periods are irregular, you first have to find out the cause.

Posted by: Fatima | 2012-01-31

Thank you Shaz, will check with my gynae :)

Reply to Fatima
Posted by: Shaz | 2012-01-27

Hi Fatima
I also used to suffer from heavy bleeding and terrible period pains. I had the Mirena inserted about 1 year ago - have not had a problem since. The bleeding has practically stopped, and no more period pains. I would recommend the Mirena!

Reply to Shaz