Question
Posted by: Nonna-Mari Riese | 2010/06/04

Mirena

My Mirena expired end May 2010. I do not have the funds to replace it now, but I have spoken to my doctor this morning and he said that there is a 18 month window period on the mirena. My finace is pertrified of me besoming pregnant! I am 36 and I do not want to go the steri or hysterectomy route! Is it true about the window period on the mirena?

The recommended time is 5 years. You should not extend this by more than a month or two.

5
Posted by: Curious | 2010/07/30

Can you please let me know if gaining weight after having the mirena is one of the side effects?

Reply to Curious
Posted by: Belinda Agenbag | 2010/07/28

Good Day

Can you kindly advise me the side effects of the Mirena?

Reply to Belinda Agenbag
Posted by: Tarryn | 2010/06/07

Hi Nonna-Marie

I had the Mirena inserted in Nov'' 09 and I just want to know whether you had any weight gain? I am positive that the Mirena has caused my sudden weight gain and Im considering to have it removed. Please advise your experience. Thx.

Reply to Tarryn

Posted by: hmm | 2010/06/05

Why don''t you use condoms until you can replace it?

Reply to hmm