Question

Mirena

Hi Doc,

I got the mirena inserted about 2 weeks ago because i cant be on the pill (migranes) and i cant be on the injection (blled throughout the month) But now since i have got it done, i have been having a period going on just about 2 weeks (started a few days after m was inserted) I know my gynie told me i would have irregular periods for about 4 months but is this still normal?As i have all the pain that goes with having a period but its still much lighter then my periods use to be. I went on the mirena because i have very irregular periods is this going to help with that or have i just wasted my money and i am still going to suffer with irregular periods and migraines like i did from the pill?

This is normal with the Mirena. It usually settles down but can go on for several months.

3

ah no please dont tell me this =( I heard this was the only thing left to sort out my periods!

Posted by: Y | 2010/05/05

I''ve had the Mirena for almost 2yrs, ,get my periods EVERY 2 weeks and it last for about 8-10 days!!! (Not nice at all)!!!

Reply to Y