Question
Posted by: problem issue | 2010/04/16

mirena

hi there doc i am 38years old have had the mirena inserted 8years ago i heard that it should be removed after 5 years my gynae said if used for bleeding it can stay for up to 10 years but for contraception only 5years now i want to know i am struggling to loose weight am on a balanced diet under a dietician supervision at the gym 5x a week but cant shed the last 5kgs feel bloated and tired all the time i thought maybe i got pregnant did a test but its negative should i remove the mirena or cant it be due to that? my thyroid cholesterol and sugar levels have been tested and came back with out any problems please advise me soon

regards

I don't think that this is due to the Mirena, but I would suggest that you have it changed as it is only supposed to be in place for 5 years.

1