Question
Posted by: Monique | 2010/03/04

Mirena

Im 22, and got my mirena inserted 24 Feb 2010. Not for birth control, but I was suffering from pcos and endometriosis on a very high level, and a hysterectomy was not a option, seeing I would like to have children of my own in future. After doing a laparoscopy, removing all viable cysts, in 2009 I was hoping to not have to go to the hospital each time I menstruated, as the pain was so bad I fainted each time. And it work…  but only for 2 months. Again on a huge variety pain killer, I consulted with my gyne and gp. Both then suggested the mirena. Very excited I waited for my menstrual cycle to start so I can make my appointment. The day before my insertion I again got a very heavy flow, couldn’ t keep anything down, very very high blood pressure and fainted from pain. The doctor at the hospital on call thought I might have what you call a Ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy in which the embryo grows in places other than the uterus) taking all my symptoms in consideration. But this was impossible as me and my partner is avoiding intercourse because it is payfull for me.
Still went in the next day for my insertion and it was the most painful thing I EVER experienced. i was on all kinds of pain killers I could get hold off. Over the counter and prescribed medicine. I slept for 3 days no stop just to not be awake bearing with this pain. It’ s a week later and I feel much better, still having a few cramps, fever every now and then and my back is killing me. First I had a bloody discharge, what then ending and a brown slimy discharge started. I’ m moody, tired, pains in the right side of my chest (not my breast). Is this normal?

The spotting is normal but it is unlikely that the other symptoms are related to the Mirena.

2
Posted by: Uncertain | 2010/03/25

Ive got the mirena for 8 months now, and ive still got heavy bleeding, and a smelly discarge and sometimes with intercourse its painfull

Reply to Uncertain