Question
Posted by: Kel | 2010/01/28

MIRENA

Sorry for posting this for you, but I haven' t had a responce from the GynaeDoc, it seems she hasn' t been on for a few days.

I had the Mirena put in 2 weeks ago and I haven'  t stopped bleeding. I don'  t have any serious pain or discomfort, I get a slight priod pain now and then. I have read the pamhplet and it doesn'  t mention if this is normal.

My periods were always very regular and only lasted 5 days, so this is unusual for me. Is this normal and how long can I expect this to continue?

Thank you,
Kel

Hallo Kel
Please inform your doctor about this - some women do bleed for a week or two after an insertion and it may cause spotting in some for months even, luckily only in a small % of patients. It may help to take an anti-inflammatory for a day or two ( something like Neurofen 200 mg three times a day). Your doctor may also prescribe a hormone supplement for a week or so.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/28

Hallo Kel
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc