Question
Posted by: Kel | 2010/01/27

MIRENA

Dear Gynae Doc,

I had the Mirena put in 2 weeks ago and I haven' t stopped bleeding. I don' t have any serious pain or discomfort, I get a slight priod pain now and then. I have read the pamhplet and it doesn' t mention if this is normal.

My periods were always very regular and only lasted 5 days, so this is unusual for me. Is this normal and how long can I expect this to continue?

Thank you,
Kel

It is normal and unfortunately can continue for up to 9 months.

3
Posted by: HB | 2010/02/10

Ek het die argiewe gelees wat betrekking het op die Mirena. Is daar enige iemand wat iets goed kan sê  hieroor - dit lyk glad nie vir my so nie? My medies wil glad nie betaal vir ' n EA nie en stel slegs die MIRENA voor. Alhoewel ek NIE die Mirena of die histerektomie oorweeg nie, het ek wel inligting hieroor begin inwin. Maar ek sal my NIE in iets laat indwing deur my Medies waarvoor ek nie kans sien nie!

Reply to HB

Posted by: JD | 2010/01/28

Hi Kel

I had da same problem wen i had inserted. It lasted for 3 months. I' m eva so sori why i had da Mirena, i have endless probs. I' m having it removed after 8 months of HELL.

Hope urs work!

Reply to JD