Posted by: Candi | 2008-11-25

Hi GyneDoc!
I need ur assistance.
What are the chances of falling preggies on the Mirena?
I had mine put in about 6months ago and i feel the " strings"  really
low down! I called gyne and he said it has dropped and he just needs to cut the " strings"  shorter!
If it has dropped - is sex still safe?
Also - my baby is now 8month old and my one brest - if pushed, leaks out a clear sticky liquid. I did not breast feel my boy. Was told this is normal as baby is still small!
I also felt a " lump"  inside me - on the " thingie"  that the tampon pushes against. The last time i felt this, i was pregnant!
Im only due to start my period next week, but im so scared to be preggies! Also, i was told that if u fall preggies on Mirena, u have to abort - coz of the chemicals! Is this tru? Please help me! Im totally stressed out!

If the Mirena has become displaced, it is possible to fall pregnant. The thing to do would be to see your gynaecologist to check this. Why don't you do this, rather than getting stressed.
If you squeeze your breasts, you will continue producing milk. Try not to touch them at all.

Posted by: me | 2008-11-26

ive got the mirena in about 7 months now, and mine hasnt dropped yet, mabe you should get a 2cnd appinoin!! how did they put yours in? i went in to hospital and y doc did it for me, under local anestetic

Reply to me