Question
Posted by: MM | 2008/08/18

MIRENA

I decided to use the Mirena as cvontraseptive after my second child' s birth (9 weeks ago). The device is now in for two weeks and since the insertion I have not stopped bleeding. Is this normal and how long can/will this bleeding continue.

This is normal and it can continue for several months.

2
Posted by: ME | 2008/08/19

HI,

DONT WORRY MINE DID THE SAME, MINE WENT ON FOR 2 WEEKS THEN I WENT TO MY GYNIE AND SHE GAVE ME PILLS TO STOP THE BLEEDING, NOW WHEN IM ON MY PERIODE ITS FOR 4 DAYS AT THE LONGEST

Reply to ME
Posted by: BTDT | 2008/08/18

It is normal, I was worried too when i had mine inserted. My spotting/bleeding disappeared after the third week of insertion.

Reply to BTDT