Question
Posted by: Nickname | 2008/06/19

Mirena

Good day Doc

I did not get a reply on my previous post - I attached the post for your convenience.

Thank you!

Subject: Mirena
Posted by: Nickname
Message:

Hey G-doc

I am using the mirena as contraceptive for about a year now. I only "spot" for a couple of days during my menstrual cycle but what really bothers me is that I seem to get an infection every time after it stopped. Could it be because of the the mirena? I ussually get over the counter meds which seems to help till the end of my next cycle when it happens again. Any suggestions?
Date: 17/6/2008

Unlikely to be due to the mirena. You may just need long-term treatment. See a gynae rather