Miracle Face cream dangerous or not?

Hi. A friend of mine and some family members are using a cream that is brightening/lightening up their complexion and also seems to remove scars, blemishes etc. The packaging has no information on it and it is pricey, around R450 for a months use. The supplier asked the user not to go out into sun too much and to use sunblock it they do. Also once they stop using the cream, their skin reverts to its original state. I am just concerned about the side-effects of a product like this and would like to bring it to my friend' s attention if it is a concern.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question.

My advice would be extremely careful with a topical product that has no information or any ingredients listed for it. From your description it seems that the cream may contain hydroquinone and if this is the case I would stay away from it. Hydroquinone should only be used under the supervision of a medical doctor.