Question
Posted by: Estelle | 2010/04/10

Miome

Ek wil graag weet wat is miome in my baarmoeder. Ek was by my ginekoloog en het vasgestel met die sonar dat ek miome van 2cm deursnee het. Dit was twee jaar gelede. Ek is 45jr en het 3 kinders (normale bevallings). Nou is my menstruasie kwaai, nog steeds 6dae vandat ek begin het. My ginekoloog het aanbeveel dat my baarmoeder verwyder moet word. Ek wil nie, watter alternatiewe medtodes is daar? Is dit lewensgevaarlik? Ek was 2 jaar gelede weer vir ''n besoek. Ek het nie medies nie, en wil nie na ''n staats hospitaal gaan nie. My ginekoloog doen ook geen operasies daar nie. Wat staan my te doen? Ek kry tans kwaai pyn veral tydens menstruasie en ook min of meer wanneer ek ovuleer.

Myomas are growths in the muscle of the womb and, while not life threatening, can cause heavy periods.Treatments include medication such as Cyclokapron to try to control the bleeding (though this often doesn't work with fibroids), uterine artery embolisation ( not freely available in SA) or surgery.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/04/04

Can Myomas turn into cancer if not treated?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/11/06

My daughter is 43 years of age and a myoma in her womb was seen on a sonar by her gynaecologist, who referred her for a CT scan. During the sonar the Gynaecologist also saw fluid, which was of concern to her, but not clear to my daughter why she was concerned. The report of the CT scan as well as the blood tests (for two cancer markers) confirm that the myoma is not malignant and the CT scan also revealed nothing further abouth the uterus. The gynaecologist is however adamant that she saw fluid during the sonar. Please could you help us understand what the presence of fluid could implicate? The advice of the gynaecologist is to remove the myoma as soon as possible, without necessarily removing the uterus. However, my daughter is of the opinion that it will be senseless to retain the uterus (as she cannot have children due to her husband's position), knowing that the myoma could grow again and necessitate further surgery. Thank you!