Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2009/12/14

minpin eating rubber

My minpin of over a year has SUDDENLY started chewing things of plastic.

He lives and sleeps in the house (on my bed) but if we dare let something lie outside he chews it up. Not anything in the house.

I' ve just bought new pool assessories and he' s destroyed them. I feel like giving him a good hiding.

What' s up?

Thanks as always

Dear CP Mom

Never to old to learn new tricks, take him out, walks plays etc.....

3
Posted by: annemarie | 2009/12/17

giving him a good hiding? where on earth does one give a min pin a hiding! Prevent the stuff from getting chewed by putting it out of reach, and then leave plastic dog toys lying around.

Reply to annemarie
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/12/16

Dear CP Mom

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: felicity | 2009/12/15

It sounds like anxiety/boredom? The medical term is pica and relates to anxiety in the animal. Sometimes it' s frustration or boredom so look at taking him out for regular walks and provide him with lots of toys that he is allowed to chew.

Reply to felicity