Question
Posted by: Wendy Jane | 2010/03/12

Minor Child

My husband and I are separated pending divorce. I left home on his insistance with kids aged 14 and 19. Hubby stayed in home. We drew up visitation agreement. Every 2nd weekend husband picks minor from school and drops back home on Sunday. Whenever, there are any changes to this he contacts the elder child and not me. Also when kids stay with him he is always bad mouthing me to such an extent they are upset about the things he says.
What do I do? WHo do I contact? I don''t have an attorney but he does. Should I put details in writing and send to him via his attorney?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

It is important that you conclude a settlement agreement as soon as possible to curtail all the issues pertaining to the access and visitation rights. I suggest that you send this to his attorneys and ask them to furnish you with a draft settlement agreement. You amy also consider a Rule 43 application requesting a contribution to your legal expences, the purpose amongst other things to put you on equal terms with him in the divorce process.

Bertus Preller
http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
email: info@divorceattorney.co.za

1
Posted by: Family law expert | 2010/03/14

Bertus Preller
http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
email: info@divorceattorney.co.za

Reply to Family law expert