Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2010/02/08

Minimum water

Hi, what is the minimum amount of water I should be drinking to maintain good health and all that? I do an hour of exercise in sets of 4 x 10 minutes and 1 x 20 minutes throughout the day. I have a cup of tea in the morning, lunchtime and about 2 cups in the evening. I try to drink a 750ml bottle of water a day but I battle.

Dear Tammy
The general recommendation is that adults should drink 2,5 litres of liquid a day. You are drinking 1.75 litres of liquid a day, which is slightly less than required. If you do drink fruit juice, milk, cold drinks, bottled water, energy drinks, etc, these will also count towards your 2,5 L. Try having another 2 cups of liquid a day, esp because you are exercising and it is so very hot right now.

1

Dear Tammy