Question
Posted by: Es | 2010/02/03

Miniature Schnauzer ill

I need some advice. My Schnauzer puppy (14 weeks) was just released from ICU after 4 days for chemical burns on this tongue, throat and intestines after licking pool chemicals.

I was told to feed him soft food. This morning I took his Eukunuba dry food and made it soft with little warm water. When cold I gave it to him. He was very hungry and tried to eat but it' s like it didn' t want to go down, like he could not swallow it. So I made it more watery and he tried again, better but I am worried that he is not getting the nutrition he needs.

PLEASE can you give advice on what soft foods I can give him to eat?

Dear Es

Hills a/d works best but I would suggest that the puppy stays in hospital till he gets better.

3
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/02/08

Dear Es

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2010/02/03

If he seems keen on his food but cannot eat, then I would suggest you talk to your vet - phone him.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: steph | 2010/02/03

perhaps if its just for a short period that he needs this soft food you could consider hills canned food, add some goats milk to loosen it up if he still struggles, try to avoid cows milk. if he' s really battling to eat let your vet know

Reply to steph