Question
Posted by: anon | 2011/05/09

mini ivf

cant afford ivf but have been reading about a mini ivf which doesnt include as many injections, just the trigger shot and then retrieval and implantation.is this possible?if so my AMH is very high would this affect the results of a mini ivf as i hav PCOS and endo which was removed

Dear Anon

What you are describing to me appears to me something called natural cycle IVF. This is where no medications are taken and on a natural cycle the follicle is aspirated, fertilized and transferred. You must understand that the success rate will obviously be much lower than the conventional IVF but it is possible. Having a high anti-mullerian hormone (AMH) level would not make much of a difference however if you have PCOS and if you have a problem with ovulation then a natural cycle IVF is much more difficult.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/05/16

Dear Anon

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert