Question
Posted by: Cheryl Smith | 2012-11-13

MINI DASCHUND - Skin Irritation

Hi, My mini Sausage has a teriible patchy dry spots and inder his chin he is bald. No fleas and I have had him at the vet, as soon as the meds are finished it all comes back. He eats Pets Mince/Veggies and snacks on my cats dry food.

Skin workups such as in humans can be a long and tedious process before a diagnosis may be made. There can be several causes of skin problems, including external parasites, food allergies, allergies to things in the environment, contact allergies, etc. You did not specify the medication that the dachshund is on, or what workups were conducted yet. It is advisable to take the dachshund back to the treatment veterinarian for a follow-up. Please keep in mind, that you are entitled to a second opinion, simply ask your veterinarian for a referral letter.

2
Posted by: Billybob | 2012-11-26

Damn, I wish I could think of soemthnig smart like that!

Reply to Billybob
Posted by: DASCHUND owner | 2012-11-14

Hi there Cheryl,

We also had a mini dachshund with a skin problem. We took him to the vet a couple of times and they gave him some pills. We later noticed that the irritation became worse with grass. We now give him Bobmartin pills every day once a day. From the time we started it he has never had any problem with his skin.

Hope it helps for you little one.

Reply to DASCHUND owner