Posted by: kv | 2008-11-06

Minesse - heavy periods

Hi, i started taking Minesse/Mirelle 2 months ago. Been having mild nausea as the only side effect during the active pill period, hoping this goes away after the 3rd month. BUT when i am on the inactive pills and have my period, it is VERY heavy, VERY painful and i feel horribly weak and sometimes very nauseous. I was under the impression that the pill is supposed to make your periods lighter and less painful? Does the fact that it is heavier mean that the pill is not effective/not working? Minesse is the lowest dose monophasic pill on the market. I am very concerned about how my periods have gotten worse. Any advice?

The heavier periods may be because it is such a low dose Pill. You may need to swop to a higher dose.