Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/06/12

Minerva dangerous to use?

I am very confused and very worried, so I`d appreciate any good advice.
I recently heard of a woman who nearly lost both her legs because her veins "collapsed". I`m no medical expert so to me it is difficult te explain what happened to her. All that I do know is that her doctor ran blood tests and the test shown that it was something in the Minerva she used, that caused this vein /arteries disease. According to her doc he was shocked to hear that Minerva is still being given to women.
I was so upset that I decided to read the pamphlet with all the info on minerva and the contra-indications. Guess what? It seems like this vein/artery problem is one of the contra-indications. I`ve been using minerva for almost 5 years. i want to discontinue using is. How do I go about changing from one pill to another. Tomorrow I`ll drink my last active pill and then the placebo`s start.
Please advice. Is it true that Minerva causes this vein/artery problem?

If you have an existing artery/venous problem then you should not be on the pill. You should go and see a doctor to discuss your options before switching pills.

2
Posted by: LL | 2008/06/12

I agree with Dee. It can be caused with any pill. Ive been on Minerva without complications too.

Reply to LL
Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/06/12

I think that if it hasnt affected you yet it is unlikely to. I was on Minerva for many years with no problems. I think its a deep vein thrombosis you are talking about and yes, I have heard about it before but I think it can come from most contraceptive pills.

You can change over as soon as your placebos are finished.

Reply to Dee GTC