Posted by: newbieSA | 2008-11-18

Minerva 35 Pill

I am 23 years old and use Minerva 35 as a contraceptative pill. I'  ve been using a contraceptitive pill from the age of 16 for my skin. Before Minerva I was on Diane. I'  ve been on Minverna for the last 3 years. As you know, you usually drink 2 of the white pills and then you start your period. It started about a year ago, that I had to drink 3 white one'  s before I started and then 4 and 5, but I still don'  t start my period. So for the last couple of months I would stop drinking the pill when it is time for my period and only after about 5 days, of not drinking it, my period will start. I will then wait untill my period is finished before I start taking the pill again. I am only taking the pill for my skin, so I don'  t mind if this will lead to the pill not doing it'  s full work, as long as my skin is good, I m happy.I just want to know if this is a problem and why it is like this - why does my period not start after 2 white pills as it is supposed to?

Dear NewbieSA
You need a drop in progesterone levels for menstruation to start, maybe the pill's hormone levels are not high enough - it doesn't really matter if it starts after 2,3 or 5 days, but if this is working for you, as long as you know that this will NOT give you contraceptive protection, you can use it like this.

Posted by: Puma | 2009-03-19

hi there, i ahave stopped the Pill - Minerava for +- 3 months and have not got my period. im just a bit concerned - i went to the Gyne but he said everything was fine. so im very confused. please help

Reply to Puma