Question
Posted by: newbieSA | 2008/11/18

Minerva 35 Contraceptive Pill

I am 23 years old and use Minerva 35 as a contraceptative pill. I' ve been using a contraceptitive pill from the age of 16 for my skin. Before Minerva I was on Diane. I' ve been on Minverna for the last 3 years. As you know, you usually drink 2 of the white pills and then you start your period. It started about a year ago, that I had to drink 3 white one' s before I started and then 4 and 5, but I still don' t start my period. So for the last couple of months I would stop drinking the pill when it is time for my period and only after about 5 days, of not drinking it, my period will start. I will then wait untill my period is finished before I start taking the pill again. I am only taking the pill for my skin, so I don' t mind if this will lead to the pill not doing it' s full work, as long as my skin is good, I m happy.I just want to know if this is a problem and why it is like this - why does my period not start after 2 white pills as it is supposed to?

The time that your period starts varies from person to person. As long as it starts somewhere in the inactive pill section it is fine. You should not stop the pill, but carry on taking it each day, whether or not your period starts.

65
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/01

Hi I recently changed my contraceptive to Minerva. A few days before my period I started having really bad night sweats. My period is 5 days so I still have the sweats. I literally wake up dripping wet and have to remove everything. Is it normal or should I perhaps look into other causes.

Posted by: Rushana | 2016/07/24

Hi. Today is Sunday and I got my periods. This is the first time I am going to use Mivena 35. I just wanted to know do I start today using the tablet even though it is the last day of the white pills?

Reply to Rushana
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/06

So I'm on this Pill and I think it's my 7th pack maybe .. and usually I start round about the white .. like 2 days after I start .. starting . But last month my period was early even on the tablets and this month it's VERY late. Why Could this be? Could high sleepless stress throughout the week (whilst on the brown tablets ) cause my period to delay or skip? Also could this Tablet cause Random nausea and Sleepless nights? Headaches? Another question I read in the above comments people are saying take 2 or 3 white tablets and then start on the same tablets . I am confused about the pattern now .I used to have a heavy period for 2 weeks sometimes 3 weeks straight and then i would have 5 days free and then start again this was before the tablet. Isn't it bad to make my body hold all of it in? How does this tablet work where do I start and where do I start my next package ? .I started on the white the day I started my period and moved on to the brown then when I reached my second package I started on the brown and moved to the white now very new package I go to brown and finish on white and start on brown . Is this correct?

Posted by: Heather | 2016/05/24

Hi I have just started taking Minerva. I'm just over two weeks in. I have been on quite a few different types of pills before that but changed due to bad side effects: moodiness, cramping, acne breakout. I'm experiencing nausea on Minerva and I'm wondering if it will settle down and go away after a few months of taking it? It's mostly when I drink anything with caffeine in it. I also feel heavier and bigger in the last 2 weeks.

Reply to Heather | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Panda | 2016/06/27

Hi Heather I'n 3 weeks in on Minerva and I also experience nausea when I drink coffee. I also have random bleeding like it's my period. If you are still on this pill kindly advise if your symptoms got better

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/08

Hi , I am on minerva 35 for the last year or so, as my Gynecologist prescribed this to prevent reassuring ovarian cysts, as mine had raptured. My cycle seems to be irregular for April and May. I started my cycle on the 4th day of the white pill in April which last about 4 days I started on the 5th day of the white pill which lasted 2 days only. I am bloated and feel uneasy, is this normal? I have had intercourse many times and two weeks ago when my boyfriend ejaculated in me? Could I be pregnant?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/08

Posted by: my name's Irene | 2016/04/21

I'm using Minerva pills. But I'm on the 1rd white pill but I haven't start my period. Can I be pregnant? Please help.

Reply to my name's Irene
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/03/20

Is it harmful to skip a pill? My doctor said it could mess with my period if I skipped one. I am 17 years old. Its an emergency!!!!

Posted by: Michelle | 2016/03/19

Hi guys. I need clarity on something. I'm currently using the loop a a contraceptive. But ever since I started using it, I've had bad breakouts, and yet when I was on the Minerva-35 I never had them and had smooth skin. So now I want to start taking the pill again purely for my skin and still keep the loop for contraception, is it possible to use two at the sam time. Will they work. I fell pregnant twice on the pill, that's why I don't trust it now because I'm not looking to have another baby anytime soon. So the loop help me in that regard. . . I want the pill to help me with my acne problem. pill to help me

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/19

Hi does Minerva cause headaches and blindness

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/19

I get migraines often.. but dont know about blindness.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/08

Hi, I am on Minerva about 6 years now for my skin. I want to have a baby now, but scared to leave the pill cos when I di, I had a very bad breakout. Is there something else (non-contraceptive) that I an take to help with skin?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/12/26

what level drug is minerva?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/18

Hi. I have been on my periods since i have take the pill, i am now on 3rd week line. is this normal or is it a sign for concern

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/29

Hi, I have been on the pill for the past four months and i had an unprotected sex in march, i checked i was not pregnant, i went to my periods in march,went to my periods in april, and may, but june i did not go to periods.Is it possible that the pill caused me to stop going to periods or something?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/25

I have been on Minerva 35 for 10 years now and my partner and I are wanting to start a family, because I have been on the pill for so long is this going to effect my chances of getting pregnant?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/13

What is the strongest pill you could use for not getting pregnant

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: mj | 2016/01/29

i would say triphasil but please check side effects

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/25

Hi. I want to know if minerva would work as effective as roaccutane and how long it would take for me to see the results when using minerva ?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/13

I'm using Minerva35 the day after I had sex and now I'm on the 3rd white pill but I haven't start my periods theres a pain on my back more like periods pains its the 3rd day now and am super worried. Am pregnant??

Posted by: vee | 2015/05/08

hey i started using the pill about two weeks ago my doctor told me to start taking the pill wen i start my period and i did but after i was done with my period my discharge is worring me it not normal it has dark spots in it i do not know wheather its the pill or i have an infection

Reply to vee
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/21

Hi my name is Sune, I had sex 10 days ago with my husband. I must have started Saturday with my period but it's already Tuesday, my 3rd white pill. I am also on antibiotics and other meducation because I have an infection in my throat of floo with all the coughing. Can I be pregnant? does antibiotics make period missing? please help. URGENT

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/20

i've recently been prescribed Minerva-35 for my skin but i'm a bit hesitant to start taking it because i'm worried about gaining weight. i've heard a lot of people say that they gained weight from taking it. i'm 17 years old and in my first year of uni and i'm quite sporty(so maybe this might increase my chances of not gaining weight). I just want to know if its 100% certain that i will gain weight if i take Minerva.

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/25

I have been on Minerva since I was 13 years old for my skin and so my period can be regular and I am now 23. I have never picked up weight, my skin is stunning my period is regular and my hair is not oily. I tried other pills and my skin broke out, I picked up weight and my hair got very oily so I went back to Minerva

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/16

I USED MINERVA FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND HAVE LEFT IT BUT HAVE BEEN GETTING PIMPLES LIKE A RASH ON MY FACE PLUS I HAVEN T HAD MY PERIOD FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS. I AM VERY WORRIED BECAUS EI WENT TO A DOCTOR AND HE HAS TOLD ME TO WAIT UNTIL THE PILL WEARS OFF MY SYSTEM BUT IM STILL SO WORRIED.. WHAT CAN U ADVICE ME ABOUT THIS

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/03/19

can i stil get pregnent when i im on minerva 35. please its urgent

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/02

Yes you can. I was on the pill for 3 years and thought everything was hunky dory, until last year. Whilst on the pill I fell pregnant with my two adorable twin.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/01/05

Does the minerva causes the mood's swing or less interest on seX?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/26

Yes Major Mood Swings and lots of headaches!! but normally increases libido

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/12/25

Does Minerva 35 make you nauseas

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/26

yes bacause of the high dose of estrogen

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/10/31

Hi....I'm on Minerva 35 for 24 days nOw....for My Skin....My Boyfriend came inside of me ..is it possible for me to get pregnant ??? How long does it take for the pill To be effective ? Please Help

Posted by: Worried | 2014/10/08

Ive started using Minerva 35 since September and ever since i have been on my periods constantly.... is this normal

Reply to Worried
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/30

Finished first pack of minerva yesterday and no period mu bf n i had sex a week ago n he came in me can i be pregnant???? Please help:'(

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/03

Hi there. I've been taking Minerva 35 for the past year. However this time round , I'm on the 3rd white pill of the pack and my period hasn't started? Can anyone tell me if this is perhaps morning or has happened to anyone else? Thank you

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/02

Hi. Iv been on minvera for ye past 8 months this is my 9th because of my skin I'm also on oratane. I started the packet of the month on Monday and I had sex today and took my pill after. My period usually comes on the 3rd day. my question is should I take the morning after pill just to be on the safe side? Please help asap

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/08/27

Hi, iv been using minerva for the past 5 months and on my last pack, last pill I had sex n took my last pill but I couldn't start a new pack for the last 4 days, could I be pregnant???

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/07/31

I'm on Minerva 35, is my secons month I started taking it on my period last month but I have missed my period for this month . Please help I am frustrated

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/05/01

I was 28 and diagnosed with adenosarcoma of the uterus. It's is a very rare cancer usually found in women over 65. I read an article on studies in mice that this cancer was more likely in mice with increased estrogen levels. Is there a possible link? I was on minerva for 10 years when I was diagnosed. If anyone know of someone with a similar experience, please let me know.

Posted by: Student | 2014/04/19

Im 19 going on 20 shortly and been on the pill since 15. i was first on yaz then switched to minerva but had excessive weight gain, would it be better to go back to yaz??

Reply to Student
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/31

Im 34 years old and have been prescribed Minerva for my skin. I went on it earlier this year but saw significant weight gain, I quit smoking in the same month so im not too sure if the weight gain was from the pill or the quitting smoking. I know everyone is different but to people have a tendency to put on weight with Minerva?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/03/29

Hi anonymous, I used minerva in 2011 for 8months, I had excessive weight gain. Went 2 sizes up. Bt I usd it again 2yrz later nd put on a lil bit of weight. Maybe my body was gettn usd to it. My acne clears wen I use it, and cums bk again, not as bad though

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/13

Hi there, I'm on Minerva35 from Oct'13 for my skin. I have notice that I have been having a problem with loosing weight and I also suffer from sever heart burn. I am worried that I am developing an Ulcer. The dermitologist that prescribed the pill to me, said I should have it before I go to bed. I spoke to a pharmacist who advised I take it earlier and allow it to digest properly before going to bed. I just adjust me time and will be monitering the reaction. Please can anyone advise if they have experienced any of these symptoms? Regards

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/01/24

I've been on yaz for 3 years and have just changed over to minerva for my skin, does minerva cause weight gain? And is it still safe to have unprotected sex with husband or do I wait awhile because I have just changed pills and the minerva needs a full cycle until it is completely safe again?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: zee | 2014/02/20

yaz makes you very moody and yazmin will make you very fat..

Posted by: mary | 2013/12/23

I am 18, I started taking diane 35 for my skin but I was a few days late with my period every cycle so my doctor made me start taking minerva 35 I had my P on time this cycle.. Is it possible to fall pregnant while taking minerva 35 together with androcur 10mg?? I haven't had sex since the last two months due to fear of the pill not working and I just feel that one of the medications is reducing my sexdrive.. I am not as keen to sex as I previously was.. Please help

Reply to mary
Posted by: Priscilla | 2013/10/15

My doctor had prescribed it and i only took it for 2 months and i was suppose to take it for at least 6. Can one get these without presciption?

Reply to Priscilla | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Bernie6 | 2015/10/14

Unfortunately you do. They don't give over counter. I always have to have my script

Posted by: help | 2013/06/07

im on minerva aswell. im 19 and ive gone off for exactly 32 days now as the doctor said you haveto take a brake from the pill every six months. i still havent had my period. i am sexually active and have been twice after i stopped taking the pill. does this mean im pregnant or is it normal that i havent had my P because of being off the pill for a month. maybe it comes late?

Reply to help | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/10/23

Same problem

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/04/20

hi i have a problem since february i did not start my period, then i was so worried i went to see my doctor and he put me on 5 days tablet and said before i could even finish the pills i will start my period but i haven't started my period today is the fithy day but no change can you tell me what is the couse of this

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/02

Is it normal to start my period 4 days before my inactive birth control pill?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/17

Hey, have u ever gotten an answer to ur question? I've taken my 5th placebo and no periods yet ??

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/27

I have a four months old son and I have stopped breast feeding because I came back to work, I wanted to know how to stop breast milk from coming out. I here th is a pill at a pharmacy that you need to buy to stop the milk from coming out. what is the name of the pill?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/27

what is the name of the pill and where can I get it from here is South africa (johannesburg)

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/02/25

You can get it in pharmacies but has to be prescribed maybe by your GP

Posted by: joyis21 | 2009/03/09

hi, i was recently on antibiotics for a week whilst taking contraceptives. stopped taking the pill on 6 march and had unprotected sex on 8 march and i think i could have been ovulating. what are the chances that i am pregnant?

Reply to joyis21
Posted by: MaryB | 2009/02/12

I have been using Minerva for 8 years now and it has been a lifesaver. My menstruation disappeared completely for about 9 months and I was eventually diagnosed with Policistic Ovarian Syndrome. This means I have cysts on my ovaries and this prevents you from ovulating, therefore you don' t have your usual menstrual cycle. Minerva was prescribed and everthing got better. Along with this syndrome you might be overweight and have masculine hair growth. I also have high cholesterol and low insulin. One doctor said everything is related to each other and they call it Syndrome X. So i don' t really know but all I can is that Minerva helped me live normal again. Only problem is, I am pretty worried that I would have great difficulty falling pregnant...I would like to know if you still ovulate on Minerva bacause i think it prevents ovulation but every 14th to 15th day after my menstruation, I know somthing is going on. Any guesses?

Reply to MaryB | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/13

Hi MaryB I was just wondering whether you suffered any back pain whilst starting on Minerva and if you also had to go on a low-carb diet as I have just been diagnosed too and would like to know if this side-effect is normal?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/10

hi mary b, i was wondering whole long you took Minerva before you starting showing signs of improvements? what were your problems due to PCOS? Did you have excess hair growth and how long before the hair growth reduced itself?

Posted by: Tanya | 2009/02/10

Hi there, do anyone know how long it takes for this pill to work out of your system? I' m ttc - (first month) i' ve been on the pill for 6 years went off it last year for about 8 months and had to go back on just before my wedding for my skin which was about for 3 months? Just curious as to how long the pill stays in your system? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Reply to Tanya
Posted by: Sue | 2009/02/02

Can you get pregnant on minerva 35 since it isn' t a contraceptive pill?

Reply to Sue
Posted by: Dee | 2008/11/19

I get my period on the 5th white pill every time - its not really a problem. You actually dont have to take the white pills at all as they dont contain anything but sugar - its just to remind you to take the pill every night. Just take the pill every day and if you only get your period after the 5th day then just carry on with the yellow pills, it is fine.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: a | 2008/11/19

Your period is not " supposed"  to start after two placebo pills - sometimes your body changes and your periods become short (start later) - the pill can actually cause lighter periods. This is not wrong, but you probably aren' t doing your hormones any favours by taking your pill incorrectly. Take each day' s pill as you' re meant to, and be happy you have shorter periods.

Reply to a