Question
Posted by: Ruqayah | 2011/01/06

Minerva

Good day

I am using Minerva since the birth of my second child, it''s been two years now.

I have noticed I have more veins on my legs and recently noticed blood clots on my legs. The clots looks like blue marks you get when you bump your leg against a table etc.

Should I stop using Minerva? If yes, what alternative is there?

These sounds like varicose veins, a relative contraindication to the Pill. You should discuss continueing the Minerva with your gynaecologist. It will depend on your risk for clots and heart disease.

1