Question
Posted by: ANON | 2012/09/12

MINDSET

Morning I am 45 years old going through menopause. I have gained a few kgs, I am still 34/36 size and my bmi etc is perfect. The problem i am having is that all my partner wants to do is be at the beach and i do not want to go with, so it seems we are not doing anything together. I cannot put myself into a bikini and sit on the beach as i am not comfortable with the rolls or two that i have developed and the cellulite....to me it is disgusting, so i cannot imagine what he must be thinking. And i cannot sit on the beach in the boiling heat with clothes on. How do i change my mindset - be comfortable in my own body, i dont know what to do

Ech, some people do like to devote themselves to growing skin cancers while on holiday, others dont. Tans really are not compulsory, and make one's skin prematurely wrinkled and leathery. So more covering clothing shouldn't be too readily rejected. Counsellors can help one be mopre accepting of and comfortable with the body one has, while still open to more exercise and better diet as a way to reducing one's bulges to more desirable curves. Self-image can be remedied, and is much less related to actual body size and shape than you might think.
In addition to gym, why not use the holiday to try a new and more slimming diet, and include more exercise - early morning walks along the beach, jogs, whatever.

6
Posted by: Maria | 2012/09/12

If you don''t get into the sun you won''t have a tan at all. :-)

Maybe see a counseller for a couple of sessions to work on your self image? Fact is that as we get older our bodies change - and I''m also at the point where I look in the mirror some days and think " Oh no I''m turning into my mother!"  We need to make peace with it and carry on.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: ANON | 2012/09/12

I am going to gym. Do not like the way I look, am not comfortable around my partner.

Reply to ANON
Posted by: Sandra | 2012/09/12

Go to the gym. You hate the way you look? Do something about it. Are you really cofortable around your partner? If yes dont worry walk tall and walk the walk if you are not then talk about it to him

Reply to Sandra
Posted by: ANON | 2012/09/12

I thought about the one piece thingy but oh no what a horrible tan i would get.

Reply to ANON
Posted by: Maria | 2012/09/12

I have the same issue, luckily we don''t do beach or public swimming pools... how about a 1-piece swimsuit with shorts or a sarong?

Reply to Maria