Posted by: GaGa | 2010-07-06

Mind games with my brain

Tell me something doc …  Why is the mind so powerful? Let me explain why I as the question. For many many years I wanted to see a dietician, to learn to eat right and lose weight. The last few months I am at the right weight, then I had the opportunity to see a dietician at our works wellness day. The dietician gave me an eating plan and put me on a 12 week diet challenge (change lifestyle diet) a week or so ago. And what happens, it is as if I am so conscious of what not to eat, that I am only eating those things. I feel over weight (I’ m not), I feel ugly and disgusting. My whole mind done a turn about. The eating plan I had before even went out the window. What is it with my brain that it is denying me the things I want and need.
I have the same situation with stop smoking. Again through work I had the opportunity to get help via Allan Carr. I was so motivated and encouraged people I work with to go. The whole experience was interesting. I didn’ t smoke until the next morning when my BRAIN told me to smoke. I always said that I will smoke if I get the help and support I need. I get it and my brain does a turn about and denying me once again something I so desperately wanted and needed.
Please can you tell me how to get my brains / mind in to gear and to stop denying me things I need and want to have a better life.
Is there such a thing as a “ brain-wash”  I can consider if all else fails?
Is all lost with my mind? Could it be of all the years of smoking that I has damaged my brain to be so full of nonsense?

I responded the other time this message was posted