Question
Posted by: Julia | 2010/04/15

Minature doberman pinch

My dog of 5 years is very aggressive. She lives with my mom and me and are given a lot of loving care. But she will lie sleeping on my lap and when my mom walks past she will become very aggresive as she wants to attack my mom. Visa versa if she is with my mom.

Dear Julia

The problem is sitting on laps and trying to be as close to the top of the hierarcy as possible.

Let the dog sit on the floor in her bed and all your problems will go away.

3
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/16

Dear Julia

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: jill | 2010/04/15

yes, in their nature. Speak to an Animal Behaviourist - can help. You will need to wean the Pin OFF laps, and make sure the Pin learns its palce in the pack - right at the bottom. Get some help, and the Pin will be a great friend to you both.

Reply to jill
Posted by: CP MOM | 2010/04/15

If you know these dogs you will know that it is in their nature.

Reply to CP MOM