Question
Posted by: Pvs | 2009/11/09

Milt steek

Good day Doc.

Could you please explain to me anatomicly &  physiologicaly the way that " milt steek"  happens.

Can you also please tell me the following, I know a lil about aerobic &  anarobic exercises and the energy systems etc. If training anarobiicly is done at about +- less than 3 min of active training how long should one rest befor you train again and it is still anarobic. i know if you up the tempo it stays anerobic but what if its the same tempois the same and train for 3 min and then rest for 2 and train again does this clasify still as anerobic activity or have you gone on to use O2 to create atp etc etc.

HI Pvs

No one knows with 100% certainty what the cause is. A few years ago, I saw some research that suggested that the stitch was caused by spasms in the major breathing muscles - the external intercostals, the internal intercostals and the diaphragm. If you breathe too shallowly, then you worsen the problem, and so the answer is to take deep, steady breaths, getting the air right down to the base of the lungs, if you can visualize that. So you must slow down the breathing, because presumably this helps to stretch out the muscles, particularly the diaphragm, and relieve the cramp.

To answer the second question, you need to rest for as long as it takes to allow recovery to occur. If you're doing a session that is supposed to be high-intensity, or anaerobic, the key is the quality of the repeats. Therefore, the recovery must be lengthened in order to allow that quality to remain high. The danger is shortening the recovery, which causes you to drop the intensity of the runs, and then it starts becoming a mixed session. So rather focus on the intensity of the run, which is the main factor determining whether you're using oxygen-independent or dependent pathways.

2
Posted by: Alta | 2015/09/10

Pain at my right side just under neath ribcase. What is the problem

Reply to Alta
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/11/09

HI Pvs

Reply to fitnessdoc