Question
Posted by: Louise | 2010/11/26

MILO CEREAL

Thank you for the feedback re: green grapes. I have another question...

Is Milo cereal healthy? (I am 22 weeks pregnant).
Most days I have eggs on whole grain toast for breakfast but when I am not keen for a hot meal I eat Milo cereal with 2% low fat milk.

Dear Louise
Glad I could assist with the green grapes. The SA Food Tables do not yet list the nutrient composition of Milo cereal as it was only launched quite recently in SA. Like most ready-to-eat cereals I surmise that it contains approx. 1600 kJ per 100g, plenty of carbohydrate, some fibre and 10 added vitamins and minerals. It is, therefore, a reasonable cereal, but you will need to check on the package label how much added sugar it contains. Other instant sweetened cereals can contain up to 50g of sugar per 100g of cereal which is very high. Adding 2% milk will lower the glycaemic index of the meal and provide you with additional calcium which you need a lot of so that you and baby can be healthy (1300 mg of calcium a day).
Enjoy

3

Dear Louise
Enjoy

Dear Louise
Enjoy

Dear Louise
Enjoy