Question
Posted by: Dons | 2009/03/24

Milk query

Hi Doc,

I heard over the radio by a doctor on air, is it true that if one drinks cold milk and to much that it prevents the person from sleeping through the night and leads to sleepless nights.. He says warmed up milk ok, but drinking to much cold milk is bad.. I want to know your opinion please.. True or not..

Dear Dons
I think warm milk is just more soothing! Milk contains tryptophan, and the calcium and magnesium in milk help enhance the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin which makes you feel calm and helps you to fall asleep easier.