Question
Posted by: Honey | 2010-09-06

Milk leaking from breasts

I have been trying to get pregnant for more than a year, and last night I noticed that my breasts is a milky discharge leaking from my breast. Is this good news, or too early to become excited? I had my last period about 3 weeks ago.

Dear Honey

The condition of galactorrhea is defined as the inappropriate release of milk from the breast in the absence of lactation or pregnancy and this is a common condition affecting infertile couples were the Prolactin level is inappropriately raised. I would suggest that you have your hormone system evaluated and in particular the Prolactin level be done. The finding of breast milk secretion is not an indication of pregnancy and in most pregnancies the secretion form the nipple is a very clear fluid called Colostrum.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-09-13

Dear Honey

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Dee | 2010-09-07

Its more likely a hormone imbalance, get your prolactin levels checked.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Nicky, | 2010-09-07

It may be too early to get excited. Take a blood test if you need to ease your mind. You should visit your gynae and have a check up as fluid from the breats could be an indication of other problems and not necessarily a sign of pregnancy.

Reply to Nicky,