Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2009/02/18

milk in breasts

I am a mother of two, 1st child born in 2001, 2nd born on 14 Jan 2009. I breastfed the 2nd baby for about 2 months only. I have been on contraceptives ever since.
I squeezed/pulled on my nipples the other day and it looked like a little milk that came out. I bought a pregnancy test and it came out negative. What can be he cause of this? Could I be pregnant?

Dear Mandy
Milk in the breasts are not always an indication of pregnancy but can be due to high prolactin levels too. Try taking Vit B6 100mg per day for a week - if it does not disappear, ask your doctor to check your prolactin levels